Saturday, July 19, 2008

North Trails at Vail



Lenny gave me this pic, I was tired on the climb up the Lookout Gulch trail from Golden. I thought I was going to puke (but fortunately didn't.) The way down was a blast.

Here is a film of a tough section that threw us off the bikes the first time (I climbed up and tried a second time).





Lenny stayed back and caught a shot of me on the singletrack down.






On Wednesday night, after riding the alpine slide with Kris, Sarah, and Stacy and after watching the movie Labyrinth and eating Kris's summer sausage, Lenny and I drove to Vail and passed out. We rode the north trails of Vail. The two pictures below were taken after about 9 miles of climbing.




The next pic was a few miles into the descent. It was quiet there. The little purple flowers were everywhere. Check out all those Aspen trees in the background. They are actually all part of one tree.


Len took a nice video of Jeff and Mel riding in this section. Mel asks if we "heard the Indians." Lenny, Jeff, and Mel make Indian noises as they ride. Although Mel does it when the downhill rides scare her. Lenny and Jeff just imitate.




I also like this video. Jeff dedicated this switchback (a super sharp turn in the trail) to Mario. Check out the drop off. I pooped myself after I rode through it.








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lenny said...

It was Chimney Gulch, not Lookout Gulch. The trail took us to the top of Lookout Mountain.